Home Learning Archive 29.6-10.6
As well as myON there is another great website that you can use to read online books.
The Ning Nang Nong by Spike Milligan is a great nonsense poem.
Listen to the author perform it.
On the Ning Nang Nong by Spike Milligan
On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
There's a Nong Nang Ning
Where the trees go Ping!
And the tea pots jibber jabber joo.
On the Nong Ning Nang
All the mice go Clang
And you just can't catch 'em when they do!
So it’s Ning Nang Nong
Cows go Bong!
Nong Nang Ning
Trees go ping
Nong Ning Nang
The mice go Clang
What a noisy place to belong
is the Ning Nang Ning Nang Nong!!
Can you spot any rhyming words?
Onomatopoeia is words that sound like a sound. Cna you spot any onomatopoeic words?
Can you create eight lines of your own nonsense poem?
Today we will be counting up to 100. You will need two counters and a dice and will be playing against a partner in your house.
1. Each person puts one of their counters on 0 (the snail's eye).
2. Roll the dice and move that number of spaces along the snail's body.
3. When you get to 9, move the counter onto 1 ten and put your other counter on 0 (the snail's eye).
4. Keep moving the second counter along the snail's body as you roll the dice. Each time you reach 9, move the tens counter to the next ten.
5. The winner is the person who reaches 100 first.
This year we have learnt how to keep safe online. I want you to revise our learning using espresso.