Welcome to our Mandarin class webpage! Here you can find out what Mandarin have been getting up to each week and read information specific to our class...
Highlights of the week
Our highlights from last week included:
- We enjoyed a music assembly with Rocksteady (see letters that have been sent home) - Noor was the drummer in the band!
- We learnt about mental health and how to support others as well as ourselves.
- We studied Isaac Newton and how he discovered gravity.
- We learnt how to put together non-chronological reports.
- We looked at the artwork of Kara Walker and began making our own silhouettes.
- We won the attendance cup!
Star of the week
- Our 'Star of the Week' was Hajra for improved work, good contributions in class and always smiling :)
Accelerated Reader (AR)
- Well done to Amira for reading 44,624 words in the last week - amazing! A special mention for Amira who managed 37,724 words.
- Amira scored an average 101 engaged minutes per day, Bektas managed 94 minutes and Azi scored 64 minutes.
- Everyone needs to keep reading every day - it's so important for our learning. Can you get into the top engaged reading times for next week?
Work in our first half-term includes:
- Maths - Place value, addition and subtraction, multiplication and division, time and volume.
- English - Mindfulness: A Children's Book on Happiness, Varjak Paw.
- Computing - e-safety, coding.
- Topic - Ancient Sumer.
- Science - Forces.
- PE - Athletics and Gymnastics.
You can access thousands of books online through MyOn! Go to the MyOn website and login with your AR login. If you can't log in please let me know and I will look into it.
Keep logging on to TT Rockstars! Again, any problems logging in please let me know.
These are optional projects which children can complete at home:
- Recreate your favourite book's front cover and write a book review on the back cover - we will pin them up in our classroom book corner to inspire others to read.
- Design a poster to persuade and inspire people to become more environmentally aware about climate change. This is a nationwide competition with some great prizes, closing date is 21st October. More information is available here: Climate Action Poster Competition (oodlesof.info)
Last but not least, please remember our PE days are Mondays and Thursdays!