The aim of music teaching in Mission Grove Primary School is:
- Provide a creative and stimulating environment to engage children in making and responding to music.
- Develop understanding and knowledge of music through performing, composition, improvisation and listening activities.
- To encourage singing a variety of songs adding accompaniments, playing instruments with increasing confidence and control.
- develop creativity and original thinking
- ensure continuity, differentiation and progression of learning
- introduce a variety of musical styles from different times and cultures
All children use tuned and unturned percussion instruments in class lessons and we aim for all children to receive at least one year's tuition on guitar through Wider Opportunities during KS2.
Pupils perform in a wide variety of events through the year, including two performances in Walthamstow Town Hall. Mission Grove choir participate in Young Voices concerts at the O2 arena for many years.