Mission Grove Sports Leaders
Once children reach Year 4, they have the opportunity to become a Mission Grove Sports Leader. Sports Leaders run lunchtime Change4Life games and activities in the playground for children from Reception to Year 4. The initiative is designed to:
- Involve children in inclusive group games
- Develop leadership skills
We currently have 35 Sports Leaders and a further 40 trainee Sports Leaders. In order to become a Sports Leader, children have to complete an application form and attend weekly meetings. Training is also carried out before children are given the opportunity to run a Change4Life Lunchtime club.
Each Sports Leader is then allocated a lunchtime per week in which they are responsible for running physical activities of their choice. Sports Leaders meet once a week with Mr Taylor and the Sports Committee to discuss any issues and upcoming events.
Our MG Sports Leaders also undertake other roles and responsibilities such as:
- Setting up and running the Mission Grove Sports Newspaper
- Supporting the delivery and assessment of our Inter school level 1 competitions
- Organising and run our Sainsbury’s School Games Day
- Support the running of Mission Grove’s School Sports Week
- Organise and run Mission Grove’s annual Sports Day