|Miss Mozir||Class teacher|
|Ms Jamila||Teaching Assistant|
Hello Wagtail Parents,
Welcome to our class page! I will be updating this page fortnightly with the following information:
- our current topic
- activities we do in class
- activities you can do at home
- weblinks for extra curricular learning
If you would like to show me some of the work you child has been doing at home, please upload a picture/video onto their EExAT profiles. You have all received your login details but if you need them again, please email me at email@example.com. I'd love to upload some of your children's work onto this web page so please also email me pictures to the above email address.
- I would also like to request a voluntary donation of £3 this term to support our cooking activities.
- Upload videos/photos/comments on your child's EExAt profile
- Daily reading revision at home
- Wednesday & Thursday FULL PE KIT is to be worn by pupils. No uniform is needed on these days
WE WON FILM WEEK!
Not only did we have the best film in Reception, we got a second award for making the BEST FILM at Mission Grove!
Here is the whole film incase you did not attend the Mission Globes!
We all worked really hard on this film so were very happy to hear that we had won.
Some of the activities that the children engaged in prior to making this film are listed below:
- Learning about our Queen
- Learning about the Queen's family
- Learning about the Queen as a child
- Watching clips of the Queen's coronations
- Watching clips of the Queen attending major events
- Watching the Queen meet famous actors, athletes, authors and singers.
After learning a little bit more about the Queen, we came across the meeting that the Queen had with James Bond who she opened the London Olympics with. This video really captured our imagination and the children decided this was what we were going to recreate.
Before recreating this occasion, we had to engage in some activities which would help us create this film. These activities included:
- Looking at how films are recorded (ipads, camcorders etc)
- Writing an interesting script
- Choosing actors and actresses
- Looking at costumes and props
- Looking at camera angles (and how to use tripods)
- Writing storyboards
- Discovering green screens
- Editing and music
Overall, it was a great learning process, and we really enjoyed recreating this film. We attended the Mission Globes to receive our awards and dazzled with our best clothes on the red carpet. Here we are with our gold award trophies, not one, but TWO!
Once again, thank you to all of our parents for all your continual support.
Miss Mozir and Ms Jamila